Monday, August 19, 2013

Monster High Birthday Party Decorations

Hello.  I can't believe it's been over 2 weeks since I posted in this blog.  Where does the time go? Summer is almost over... the little guy starts school a week from Wednesday!  I have made a few cards recently that I plan on writing about but I am going to finish talking about my niece's birthday party (especially since it was almost a month ago!).

I made party decorations for my younger niece, and my nephew, so I wanted to make something for my older niece too.  My first little project was a bedazzled birthday candle.  It was really easy to make.  I got a birthday candle at Hobby Lobby for either $0.99 or $1.99, I can't remember now.  It was outlined in red, but I went over it with black permanent marker because that didn't fit the Monster High theme.  I also bought some hot pink and zebra print embellishments and glued them on.  I used regular craft glue, and surprisingly they stayed on.  I have E6000 glue, but it really scares me because it says right on it, "this product causes cancer, is extremely flammable, do not use inside" etc. etc.  I didn't want to use it on something that was going to be a) lit on fire and b) put in something we were going to eat! I also didn't want to use hot glue because I thought it would melt the candle wax.  I got lucky that the embellishments stayed attached.  I think it was a fun little thing that not everyone has at their birthday.  Here are a couple of pictures:



I made a banner that said "Lauren is 7!"  It was a last minute decision, and that message was shorter than "Happy 7th birthday Lauren!"  I used the Rock Princess Cricut cartridge and the Cricut Expression to make it.  I strung it together using pink yarn.  My mom had this from my failed attempt to learn to crochet.  I had wanted to make my younger niece a Minnie Mouse hat, but couldn't get the hang of it.  Anyway, I had a last minute idea to glue some of the leftover zebra print embellishments to the skulls in the banner as the center of the bows.  It was so last minute I tossed my glue in my beach bag with me, just in case.  I only had to glue 1 or 2 back on.  Here are some pictures:



Thanks for looking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment