Monday, June 24, 2013

Hello

Hi!  My name is Kelsey.

This is my first blog entry.  I'm not sure how one starts a blog.  I think I'll start by saying why I'm writing this blog in the first place.  I want to be craftier.  With the invasion of Pinterest in my life, I have been inspired to try new projects.


I'm hoping to use this blog to describe my adventures (and inevitable misadventures, I'm sure!).  I've chosen the name "Craptastic Crafter" because I don't think I'll ever be one of those amazing bloggers I see out there!  I also don't have a ton of money to spend on my various crafting hobbies, so I make do with what I can.  Further, I don't have the mindset of a crafter yet!  For example, I just finished making some teacher gifts, and forgot to take pictures of the final product.  Oh well.  I'll get there, I hope!


Since this is my first entry, I'll tell you a little more about myself.  I am 26 years old.  I am the only girl in my family and I have 5 brothers.  I have a great boyfriend, and I'm lucky to be helping him raise his 5 year old son.  He is an amazing little boy.  Everyone who meets him falls in love with his contagious smile and he loves to make people laugh.  We have him from Saturday or Sunday through Wednesday every week, and then he goes to his mother's house.  We all do our best to make the arrangement work.


I work as a nanny watching my niece and nephew while my brother and sister-in-law work.  I went to college for financial counseling, but wasn't happy in the field. My brother and sister-in-law couldn't find a day care they liked, so I left my job at the end of my SIL's maternity leave in January 2010.  My nephew was born in March 2012.  It's not always easy watching two kiddos under 3 years old, but I am so lucky to have the connection I have with each of them.  I also have a 6 year old niece from my oldest brother, who also happens to be my goddaughter.  I, for one, cannot believe she will be 7 this summer!


The kids in my life inspire a lot of the crafts I have made and want to make.  My boyfriend also has 2 nieces.  I love the idea of being able to make personal gifts for them, such as paper dolls or homemade doll clothes.  When I was little I loved my paper doll collection, and I loved all of the doll clothes my mother made for my Barbies or American Girl dolls.  The kiddos are the main reason I want to become a better crafter!

No comments:

Post a Comment